Thorny Devil strives to provide irresistible flavours of crafted beer. We truly believe beer is about experimenting, exploring and having fun. Thorny Devil brews beers and ciders that ignite drinker’s taste buds. Additionally, beer can also be brewered as something like our fav foods! What can you say about that?
Beer as your favourite dishes
One of the standout concepts from last year’s Sydney Craft Beer Week was Beer Mimics Food. The festival organisers invited a selection of chefs and writers to create beers inspired by their favourite dishes to be launched during the festival. Such was its success that Beer Mimics Food returns on a grander scale when the third Sydney Craft Beer Week kicks off this weekend.
It all stems from a desire by festival founder, Beermen.tv’s Todd Venning, to do “something that would once and for all set aside the stereotypical view that beer comes in limited flavours and form.
“By proving that beer has limitless flavour and really is the lesser known sixth food group, we also wanted to make it appealing to a broad audience and in particular people that LOVE food,” he says. “So we brought the foodies and beer worlds together, and magic happened. Beer that tastes like food!”
This year’s lineup sees them bringing together brewers and chefs from all over Australia, including chef of the year, Michael Ryan of Beechworth’s Provenance who created a Shitaake beer with Bridge Road, and WA’s beer food maestro Gerrard “Mitch” “Beersine” Mitchell. The beers attempt to recreate dishes such as Kimchi and Lemon Meringue Pie. The full list of pairings is:
- Ross Kenrick from Bacchus Brewing and Ben Oâ Donoghue (QLD)
- Jared Birbeck from Birbeckâs Brewing and Poh Ling Yeow (SA)
- Ben Kraus from Bridge Road Brewers and Michael Ryan from The Provenance (VIC)
- Shawn Sherlock from Murrays Craft Brewing co. and Myffy Rygby from Timeout Magazine Australia (NSW)
- Keith Grice from Hunter Beer Co. and McWilliams Wines (NSW)
- Andrew Tweddell from 4 Pines Brewing and Single Origin Coffee Roasters (NSW)
- Dennis Beer Co. and the team from The Welcome Hotel (NSW)
- Justin Fox from Colonial Brewing and Mitch Mitchell from beersine.com.au (WA)
- Paul Wyman from The Monk Brewery and Hadleigh Troy from Restaurant Amuse (WA)
For More Info See: https://craftypint.com/news/700/Beer_Food