Thorny Devil is Australia’s most popular beer, our favourite Australian craft beer.
Thorny Devil Craft Beer is available online, or you can purchase our Pale Ale or Blonde Ale at your local bottle shop and in your local craft beer bar, your pub, hotel, club or any fine dining restaurant: if not, ask us = email@example.com and we will organise all: 1800 995 007.
Buy craft beer, online bottle shops, Australian craft beer, discounted beer, cheap craft beer, buying beer online, beer delivery, buy beer now, discount beer, craft beer hotels, craft beer bars, craft beer bottle shops, Australia’s best craft beer…
Thorny Devil wants you to live and learn all about beer, Australia’s best craft beer, the craft beer world: so we give you all the craft beer news = globally; hope the following article helps you understand more about beer and the world’s best craft beer (we also want to give you news about beer, craft beer, food and wine festivals and beer, craft beer awards…:-
Solid Waste Reduction Manual
Craft brewers are an innovative segment of the greater brewing industry. Subsequently, it is no surprise that many craft brewers have found innovative solutions for waste management. These solutions reach beyond a simple reduction of waste to landfill and office recycling, and lead to operating cost reductions, new sources of revenue and new community and image building initiatives.
The traditional disposal option for solid waste (i.e., hauling ‘garbage’ to landfills) has become more expensive in recent years. Old landfills have filled and closed, and the few new landfills that are permitted to open are located further away from populated areas, thereby leading to an increase in transportation costs to the final disposal area.
Breweries, like many businesses, are finding that reducing the amount of waste generated can lead to significantly reduced operating costs. In addition, keeping recyclable materials out of the landfills can create a significant source of revenue.
This solid waste sustainability manual is a consolidated resource for effective solid waste management solutions in the craft brewers segment. Solutions offered can apply to all breweries, regardless of location and operational size. Guidance is provided for brewers that are just beginning to explore solid waste reduction programs, as well as for brewers that are looking to improve a well-established program. The information is structured as a pathway to effective and sustainable solid waste management from start to finish, and is organized into five sections:
- Segment Profile: A discussion of solid waste generation and recycling trends, where to find information on regulatory drivers, examples of non-regulatory drivers, and risks and opportunities for cost savings.
- Data Management: A guide to identifying the components of brewery waste streams, establishing key performance indicators and goals, managing solid waste data, and benchmarking waste reduction progress toward goals.
- Best Practices: Guidance on best practices to reduce, reuse and recycle waste within the craft brewers segment with a focus on opportunities in the brewing process, packaging, warehousing, utilities and food service/events.
- Onsite Waste Treatment: An overview of drivers for on-site waste treatment and example projects.
- Case Studies: Examples of successful waste management and waste treatment programs used by craft brewers.